Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hi There

Hi there and welcome to the b.davis photography and design blog page! I am so excited to start this new blog in addition to my personal blog {Frilly Farm Girl} and use it to discuss all things photography.

My hopes is to not only have a place for clients to view photos, but also discuss things like what to wear for your session, upcoming events, new happenings and many, many exciting things.

I have been doing photography for a few years now. I almost feel as if I fell into it by accident. I had just graduated from OSU (with a degree in agricultural communications) when my cousin asked me if I would take pictures of her son for his 1st birthday. I said yes (because he is a precious child), but never intended to make a business from photography. After taking his pictures, a few more people asked me to capture their special moments, and then a few more, and then a few more, and now I am beyond lucky to get to do the one thing I love with people/clients that I adore!
I just graduated from SWOSU with my master's degree and have been doing photography full-time while I search for a full-time job. I have loved doing this full-time for the last couple of months and having the chance to reconnect with friends from high school and meet new clients who are friends of friends. 

As of Jan. 2014, b.davis photography added "design" to the mix. Graphic design is a rekindled love for me. I have always designed my own logos for b.davis and Frilly Farm, but I am having tons of fun designing logos, branding material, invitations, etc. for others. 

I am so excited to see what 2014 holds for b.davis photography and design. I am attending a few different conferences this year including Pursuit 31 and a Ranch House Design Livestock Photography Workshop. 
I am so incredibly beyond excited to see God work in my life and business during this year. I can already see new things on the horizon and am anxious to see how it all turns out. In his time though, in his time. :) 

To spice things up ... here are  Top Ten Things To Note:
  1. I know every line to "Remember the Titans" and "Sandlot" and those lines come out often ... sometimes during photo shoots. 
  2. I have a wonderful family and awesome set of friends.
  3. I have a weird obsession love for VW Vans and Shasta Trailers. 
  4. I would wear boots all the time if I could get away with it. 
  5. I often have buyers remorse, but I love window shopping & believe in retail therapy.
  6. I love traveling and I want to go back to Chile, D.C. and Lake City. 
  7. I make a list for everything. 
  8. Making/giving gifts makes my heart real happy. 
  9. I am accident prone. For real. 
  10. I love photography, of course.

Oklahoma is cold, cold, cold today. This is from the last snow a few weeks ago, but it looks just about the same 
today. I plan to venture out tomorrow and take a few pictures of this beautiful weather we are having. 

Thanks for stopping by for the first post. Come back again soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment