Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Seniors {part one}

I have been so wonderfully swamped that last couple of weeks, I haven't had a chance to post to the blog ... So, today I thought I would do some catching up!

Seniors are one of my favorite things to photograph. I just love how their personalities come through their photos. Wether it is through their outfit or their props, I just love it! When I was a senior, I don't think photos were this neat! They were your standard "pop around from the back of the tree" pose.

These seniors are special to me! When I was a senior in high school, these guys were just little things. I taught a few of them ballet, one boy was a classmates baby brother, etc. Basically, I feel like I have known them for forever.

These senior sessions started back in March!

Kaitlyn was my first beautiful senior girl. She was one of that I taught dance to circa 2006. I can't say her personality has changed much since then. She is a mess. I kept laughing during this session. So much so that some pictures were blurry because I couldn't hold still due to laughing. She is such a sweet girl and I know she is going to love SWOSU and have a blast there.





Jessica's session is one of my favorites! She was prepared with some ideas of her own that really translated to her photos. I love when seniors bring things that help tell their story during their sessions. Jessica loves reading, painting, photography, music... basically anything artistic (even though she doesn't claim to be). Therefore, she brought a book and painted her face during the session ... but not all at the same time! It was such a pleasure to meet Jessica and take her pictures. She is a sweet and lovely young lady that is going to do great things!!




I thought it would be a good idea to split the seniors in to a few post, so more senior recap will be posted laster this week! 

Thank you to these seniors and their families for letting me capture this big moment in their lives. I had so much fun getting to know them and seeing their true personalities! 

--bdavis

No comments:

Post a Comment